A radiosonde is a meteorological instrument which, launched under a balloon, transmits pressure, temperature, humidity and wind data (speed and direction) measured in the atmosphere.
The M10GPSonde is the latest generation of MeteoModem radiosonde, already used by many altitude observation networks of National Meteorological Services all over the world (more than 120 systems in almost 60 countries).
The instrument allows real-time radio transmission of OCT data (pressure, temperature, and humidity) and wind measurement (speed and direction). The data are stored, processed and analyzed by our software. Pressure is measured from GPS altitude (concept introduced by Meteomodem). This method is now recognized and recommended by the WMO, which recognizes the M10 under code 77. The M10 is currently undergoing GRUAN certification with the support of Météo France and IPSL.
Among the new features, the improvement of the humidity measurement results as well as the treatment of the wet bubble phenomenon represent the most significant developments of the M10 radiosonde.
Automatic change of probe frequency by infrared connection. Powered by alkaline batteries, less harmful to the environment (fauna and flora).
– Dimensions: 95*95*88.5mm.
– GPS 12 channels offering an almost instantaneous initialization time.
– Low weight : 150gr batteries included
– Compact electronics with low power consumption offering a longer autonomy.
– Flexible radio antenna
– Reliable operation up to 30 km of altitude
– Battery life of more than 210 min (3 hours 30 minutes)
– Launch authorization, indicated directly on the probe
– Full compatibility with our automatic launch system Robotsonde
– Pressure calculated from GPS altitude
– Three inputs available for connection to additional sensors (Ozone probe,…)
– Meteorological: Army and Forces radio sounding
– Military: Aeronautical and maritime meteorological information, ballistic tests.
– Research: Laboratories, specialized research institutes, Universities.
Dimensions: 95 x 95 x 88.5 mm
Technology: 1.5 V alkaline
Weight: 150 g (including batteries)
If you are thinking of carrying out a project, would like to purchase any instrumentation type or would like more information about DILUS services, please leave your contact information. The team will contact you as soon as possible.Radiosonda M10, leave your details. The team will contact you as soon as possible.